Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Microstock photography

Microstock photography is a fun and great way to earn some extra income with the internet. This industry is very lucrative for anyone who has a passion for photography and has potential to become a full time income.
Let me tell you about my personal experience with microstock, two years ago myself and a friend decided to join up to 5 of the top companies, we then created and submitted our photos, I personally stopped after about 2 months because I felt that the market was already too saturated and you needed to be pro just to make a few dollars. My friend on the other hand had the same view also, but he continued to take photos, after two years of him doing this as a hobby he’s now earning on average $300-$400 each week, while I’m still earning around $100 a year.
There are some things you need to know with microstock photography. First is that you need to get yourself a DSLR camera, those point and shoot cameras will not cut it, my camera is a canon 400D DSLR its one of the cheapest of the canon range but it does the job, you generally can’t go wrong with either a Canon or a Nikon DSLR.
Secondly you need to get familiar with Photoshop this will turn good photos into great photos, when I was really into photography I studied everything I could find about Photoshop, the best site I came across was Photoshop user tv. I learnt soo much from this site from the video tutorials it turned me from amateur to pro.
Click here for Products to help with Microstock Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment